You are here



Q: I have a family member/friend who is scheduled to be released from prison. They were convicted in federal court in another district or state but want to reside in the District of Massachusetts. How can his/her case be transferred?
Q: I know of a family member who is on Federal probation/supervised release, can you tell me what crime they committed?
Q: I have been released from federal prison, how soon do I have to report for supervision?
Q: I am on probation/supervised release. Am I allowed to leave the state?
Q: What are the standard conditions of probation the court must impose?
Q: I am an employer and I want to know if a prospective employee has been convicted of a crime, can you run a background check?
Q: How can I have my probation/supervised release terminated early?


Q: How do I get a certified copy of a document?
Q: Where can I get information regarding child support?
Q: I owe restitution for my crime. Who do I pay?
Q: I am owed court-ordered restitution, who do I contact to get my money?
Q: I have a friend/family member who is in prison. How do I find out where he is being held?
Q: I have been found guilty in Federal Court, what happens next?
Q: Where can I find information about the district court’s judges and magistrate judges?
Q: What is supervision?
Q: What is the presentence investigation phase of a case?
Q: Where can I find the probation or pretrial service office mailing address?
Q: If I am convicted of a felony in Federal court, can I vote?
Q: How do I have my conviction expunged?
Q: If I am convicted of a Federal crime, can I or a family member own or possess a firearm?


Q: I have been sentenced and am waiting to be told where to report to serve my sentence. Do I report to my U.S. Probation Officer until I am assigned to a prison?
Q: I have a child support order. How do I get it changed before I am incarcerated?